Spring is upon us, and what better way to celebrate the season leading into summer than by making your home stand out with Boma's top perennial picks?
With nationwide delivery, we can deliver these beautiful plants right to your doorstep without you even breaking a sweat.
Let's start with Lavender, the ultimate showstopper in any garden. Not only does it look beautiful, but it also smells fantastic. Plant it near your front door or window, and your whole house will be filled with intoxicating fragrance. Lavender is a low-maintenance plant, so you can still enjoy its beauty even if you don't have a green thumb.
Next up are Lupins, which come in a range of vibrant colours. These flowers are perfect for adding a pop of colour to any garden. Plant them in a group, and you'll have a stunning display that will bulge your neighbours' eyes.
Geum is an excellent choice if you're looking for something more understated. These flowers come in shades of yellow, orange, and red, and their delicate petals are sure to add a touch of elegance to any garden. They're also a favourite of bees, so you'll be doing your part to help the environment.
For a touch of drama, why not try Salvia? These plants have tall spikes of flowers in shades of blue, purple, pink, and red. They're perfect for adding height and structure to your garden, and their long flowering period means you'll have plenty of time to enjoy them.
Digitalis, or foxgloves, are another excellent choice for adding height to your garden. These spires of bell-shaped flowers come in shades of pink, white, and purple and are a favourite of bees and hummingbirds. Just be careful – Digitalis is toxic if ingested, so keep it away from pets and children.
Hosta is the way to go if you're looking for a low-maintenance option. These plants have large, lush leaves in shades of green, blue, and gold and are perfect for adding texture to your garden. They also come in various sizes, so Hosta suits a large garden or a small balcony.
But what can you do with all these beautiful plants once you have them? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create a border: Use a mix of Lavender, geum, and Salvia to create a stunning border along the edge of your garden. Not only will it look beautiful, but it will also help define your space.
- Plant in pots: If you don't have a garden, don't worry! Many of these plants, including Lavender, geum, and Hosta, can be planted in pots and placed on your balcony or patio.
- Create a wildflower meadow: Mix lupins, geum, and Salvia with wildflower seeds to create a beautiful meadow in your garden. Not only will it look stunning, but it will also attract bees and other pollinators.
- Add height: Use Digitalis and Lupins to add height to your garden. Plant them towards the back, and they'll create a dramatic backdrop for your other plants.
- Mix and match: Feel free to mix and match different plants to create a unique garden that reflects your personality. Experiment with varying combinations of colour and textures to create a garden that's truly your own.
So there you have it – with Boma's choice of perennial plants and a little creativity, you can transform your home into a beautiful oasis that will envy your neighbourhood.
And the best part? With nationwide delivery, getting your hands on these gorgeous plants has never been easier.
But before you start planting, here are a few tips to ensure your plants thrive:
- Choose the right location: Most of these plants prefer full sun, but some, like Hosta, prefer partial shade. Make sure you choose the right location for each plant to ensure it gets the sunlight it needs.
- Prepare the soil: Good soil is crucial in ensuring your plants thrive. Add compost or organic matter to improve soil fertility and drainage.
- Water regularly: Most of these plants prefer moist soil, so make sure you water them regularly. But be careful not to overwater – too much water can be as damaging as too little.
- Mulch: Mulching helps retain moisture in the soil, suppresses weeds, and regulates soil temperature. Use organic mulch, like wood chips or leaves, to improve soil quality.
- Prune: Regular pruning can help keep your plants healthy and looking their best. Cut back dead or damaged growth, and pinch tips to encourage bushier growth.
With these tips in mind, you're ready to start planting your perennial plants. So get creative – experiment with different colour combinations, textures, and heights to create your unique garden. And don't forget to sit back, relax, and enjoy the beauty of nature right in your own backyard.
Visit Boma Garden Centre in Kentish Town, London, for the full range of perennials in glorious display.